Mt. Ama Dablam Expedition Book Now
Lying alongside Everest in the heart of the Khumbu valley, Mt. Ama Dablam (6,812m) is considered to be the prettiest mountain in the world as well as an ornament of the Himalayas in Nepal. High on her southwest face hangs a glacier like a ‘Dablam’ the sacred ornament box worn by ladies in the Sherpa community. It was this spectacular feature that got her the name “Ama Dablam” literarily meaning “Mother and her Necklace”. That Ama Dablam, which does not even attain 7000m in elevation, is famous probably due to its strange, distinctive shape as well as its visibility from any point along Imja Khola; offering a superb diversions close view of Mt Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Cho Oyu and Mt. Everest.
Ama Dablam gives a lasting impression on many trekkers in Nepal, as it is perhaps the most stunning mountain along the popular trekking route to Everest Base Camp. This expedition offers a superb, technical climbing experience in a magnificent setting, with numerous cultural and scenic diversions. Although the height is only 6812m Ama Dablam expedition requires steep ice, rock and snow climbing. Normally, three camps are set in Ama Dablam climbing above the base camp (4,570m), however, only two camps are used to spend the nights.
Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu airport, meet our staff then transfer to Hotel.
Day 02:Free in Kathmandu.
Day 03:Official works for expedition and briefing by officer of Ministry of Tourism.
Day 04:Kathmandu – Lukla 2860m. by flight then trek to Phakding 2622m.
Day 05:Phakding – Namche Bazaar 3440m.
Day 06:Namche – Acclimatization & rest.
Day 07:Namche Bazaar – Thyangboche 3867m.
Day 08:Thyangboche – Ama Dablam Base Camp 4600m.
Day 09-22:Climbing period for Ama Dablam expedition 6812m.
Day 23:Clean up Base Camp Thyangboche 3867m.
Day 24:Ama Dablam Base camp – Thyangboche.
Day 25:Thyangboche – Namche Bazaar.
Day 26:Namche Bazaar – Phakding.
Day 27:Phakding – Lukla then transfer to Tea-house Lodge.
Day 28:Early flight back to Kathmandu then transfer to Hotel.
Day 29:Free in Kathmandu.
Day 30:Transfer to airport for your onward journey.
- All land transportation: Airport /Hotel/Airport, trekking, expedition pick up & drop.
- 5 Nights Accommodation in Kathmandu at a tourist class Hotel on bed & breakfast plan as per given itinerary.
- Transport as per itinerary for members, staff and Liaison Officer.
- Transportation of all food and climbing equipments to base camp and back.
- Peak permit fee.
- Full board basis during the trekking.
- All kitchen equipments; kitchen tent, dining tent, toilet tent, shower tent, chairs and tables at the base camp.
- Cook and Kitchen boys at the base camp.
- Base camp tents for members and staff.
- Per Person 50 KG. Equipments luggage / barrels allowed till to Base Camp.
- Equipment allowance, wages and insurance for base camp staff and Liaison Officer.
- National Park Conservation Fee.
- Air fare: KTM/Lukla/ KTM & domestic airport tax with Cargo fees.
- Satellite phone (Pay calls).
- Visa extension.
- Emergency Oxygen -Mask and regulator.
- Helicopter rescue insurance for Nepalese staff.
- Agency service charges.
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Airfare from / to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee. (Can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
- Hotel after 5 nights stay in Kathmandu.
- Service above Base Camp.
- Drinks except tea and coffee.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp.
- Walki -Takie permit & Satellite phone permit.
- Climbing Guide (Sherpa).
- Oxygen & Mask -regulator for climbing.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical and emergency evacuation.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone, etc.
- International airport departure tax & tourist tax.
- Tips and climbing bonus.
- Garbage deposit US $ 2000.00 for a team. After expedition deposit will be refundable.